
When you're stuck in the airport because your flight has been delayed/cancelled/appeared to have just disappeared altogether, just remember that it's not the flight attendant/pilot/gate agent's fault.
If your flight is late, that also means that your crew is working late and may be missing family parties or shortening their overnight stay in a hotel (which is so much fun in itself). They're not happy about it either. Sometimes they get to the airport just like you, thinking their airplane will be there on time, and end up sitting there waiting for two hours just like you, just so they can go to work.
This is especially helpful to remember in bad weather. Because unlike popular belief, your pilot has no control over the weather. And if the plane you were supposed to be on is stuck in bad weather somewhere, it's not like they have extra planes just waiting around to take your holiness where you need to go. And if the pilots don't feel like it's safe to take off, they're not gonna. Your complaining isn't going to change anything.
{to Luvpilot - hope your day gets better. thanks for working so hard for us}


26 comments:
Great advise! I hope our flight is on time and not cancelled Christmas night from San Antonio to Salt Lake City - can Luvpilot help me out with that? Tee hee!
Merry Christmas, Tammy - I hope it is wonderful for you and your family. Kellan
Sorry to hear Lovpilot is having a hard day. It is snowing up here!!!! I am about to go out and shovel some more!!! Good upper body workout.
I would love your hot spinach artichoke dip recipe! Sounds so good. Thanks, m
Winter travel just stinks all the way around. Hopefully it gets better soon.
Thanks! I can't wait to try it! If you come up to see the snow, stop by and say hi. We have a sweet little sledding hill next door. m
Great Advice! Glad I don't go to far this time of year. We are getting snow. It is not sticking yet. . .but tonight it might. Hope Luvpilots day starts getting better.
Have a Merry Christmas!
I hope he returns safe and sound and in a fairly good mood. That's tough!
Wow--I had never thought about it that way before. I always try very hard not to get angry anyway--but thanx for the new angle. I am sorry your husband is having an ugly day--my husband is on his way home from spending the day at the airport hoping to catch a flight out to Seattle so he can get back to ALaska to go to work. His flight was scheduled to leave at noon. It sounds like its been a rough day everywhere for flying.
True! Hope you have a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna
thanks for the reminder. I hope he makes it home soon, and safe. Love your Christmas decor!!! And happy Hanukkah! =D
What an excellent reminder. So what you are saying is that the LuvPilot cannot in fact control the weather?!?!
CRAP!!
People can be just AWFUL! Especially at the holidays...why is that??
LOVE your advice! Hope that Luvpilot gets some much deserved rest over the holidays!
great advice! i'll remember that if i ever travel during the holidays!
poor love pilot.
that's a good reminder...we need to remember the PEOPLE we are dealing with - real people.
glad i'm not a christmas holiday traveler!
and i love the pic on the side of you and the guy who puts up with you! very cute!
A great post! Timely and thoughtful!
Poor guy...I'm sure it's a thankless job! But I appreciate all those great pilots that get us to wherever we're going safely!
My friend is a pilot for Delta. I know he and his family would echo your sentiments. Hopefully things will improve weatherwise.
Amen sister!
It is awful flying. My husband got stuck b/c his airport shut down. He got home mmmmm about 29 hours later than we had originally planned. I think that it is almost more frustrating for the pilots because they should know, but don't. Have a Merry Christmas!
people better be nice to my cap'n.
What is wrong with people? You'd think that they would already realize that. I mean, do they think that the pilot OWNS the plane? Good grief. I hope things get better for luvpilot.
Hang in there luvpilot. . .and Tammy!
thank you thank you. The weather has been wretched here in NC and surrounding with the low intense fog, low ceiling and cancelled flights. The week before Christmas. Working in Charlotte, where CLT is the hub for USAirways. Ugghhhh.... I hear can we get another plane? ahh,,, no! or if we could we still can't fly in this. People tend to be very self centered and forget their are many other people in their same circumstance. merry christmas! thanks so much luvpilot.
Great post!
I'm not a traveler on Christmas (at least not far enough for air), but if I were, I would totally be nice and personally request Luvpilot to commandeer my plane!
WOW!! Isn't christmas aboout patience and love? Some do forget...Good luck to the luv Pilot:)
What a fun treat from Tanja. How sweet !!!
I LOOVE all your Christmas decor ok, I covet it, let's be honest!!
Merry Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great Post!!!!!!
i hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
I have never ever flown anywhere during the holidays.. But I cna't imagine.. I am sorry you & Luv pilot aren't together & he's working.
Post a Comment