
On the first day of school, do you:
take your kids to school, and if you take them, do you go into the school with them?
take your kids to school, and if you take them, do you go into the school with them?
stick them on the bus?
walk with them?
send them out the door to walk/ride their bikes on their own?
And are you like me and want to cry as you watch them walk across the schoolyard? It really is like watching a little piece of my heart walk away.
I'm such a boob.


23 comments:
I'd cry, too, if my kids had to go to that school house...
I think you're just a good Momma if it makes you sad.
It's a day of mixed emotions. I'm happy that they are going back, but sad that they are walking away from home bigger than the last time!
Ok, so some of both. My kids are all pretty independant and I haven't had any cry about leaving, but yes, I save my tears for when they are out of sight or at least they can't see my eyes. Sunglasses work well...
Monday, August 10th I will drop my youngest off at kindergarten for the first time. I will come home and sob. So if you want to do an act of service you can send me a note that morning. Haha. Give me the start day for your school so I can do the same.
My kinder girl IS SOOOOOO excited! She cannot wait. (I can.)
I have a plaque that I have had since my first was a baby that says, "Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous - It is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body."
Definitely SO true!
Good luck to the boys! I don't know what I am doing with Corbin this year, I don't think he wants us to take him. And yes I still get a little teary at the thought of him growing up!
I usually take them, but I don't go in. (I like to cry in the privacy of my own car)
This year Big Daddy took the younger kiddos and Big J walked with a group of friends. I hate middle school...Does he seriously think he is old enough just to walk to school without his Mom? Good thing I can just go in the backyard and climb up on the trampoline and watch him walk there.
Manga Dork rides into town with Dr. Hubby on his way to work and he drops her at the school. She rides the bus home.
I take the 2 little ones to preschool and pick them back up.
Elementary school? I drove them the first day. In fact I took them to school every day until they drove themselves. As a working Mom, it was my last little minute with them for the day. I refused to do car-pools which just added to my biotch reputation in the neighborhood. : )
Once they get their license, it's all over. They are out the door on their own. YEAH!!!!!!
Our schools all do the come a few days before and meet the teacher. Since they have been at that charter forever it has been easy. Nate will drop Brooke off every day on his way to work and I will pick her up. Kylie will drive her and Kelsie to high school. Scary! I can't believe they are already starting. We still have 3 weeks.
Our drop both of mine off at school. Walk them in - meet their teachers - all that good stuff.
Except for the crying.
I don't cry.
I dance all the way back to my car - sometimes there is screaming and rejoicing unto the heavens.
TWENTY SEVEN MORE DAYS!!!!!
All very good questions...some of which I have wondered myself. I have been wanting to ask you, if Jordan is going ito 6th..is the "cool" thing to buy your lunch or bring it? Im serious...I don't want to cause her any issues...
Now that they are older and especially since they will have had 2 extra months of summer after our move across the country I will not only let them take the bus but I will probably sit back and celebrate once they've left... maybe I'll make a cake and not save them one single piece!
We live too close for the bus, but too far to walk, so drop off it is. Oldest to first grade this year, youngest to his first day of preschool.
I imagine I'll be sucking my thumb in the preschool parking lot for the entire four hours.
I walk them to the bus stop, while i am taking lots of pictures. Then after they get on the bus, I CRY the rest of the day,oh and i go get a Blizzard from DQ!
LOL to Justin!
You are making me cry thinkin about you about to cry watching Connor walk in to the school.
I walk Aubrey in. And Dillon I will most definitely walk in, since it will be Kindergarten!
Onthe 1st day of school I drive them then drop them off...after that they (the older 2 ) ride the bus...but mine are older...I think i stopped walking them in to school around 2nd grade maybe 3rd
i used to take them to school but they insist now on riding the bus, but I WANT PICTURES!! I pick them up from school on the first day.
we drop off the big kids. or the hubs does anyway.
Pierce and all of the kids before him that had to ride the short bus get to start the first day on the bus. gotta get right to it, can't differ from the plan because that would set a precedent. so i'll be putting him on the bus, taking pictures, and tearing up as it drives away.
i make them walk home. together.
I'm so lucky because the school is right across the street, so I still walk my kids right up to their classroom door. Next year though, Ashley starts middle school, so I still have to figure out how I'm gonna' play that one!
I am a HUGE Boob (ha ha) I totally cry - even the ones that go off to college but those first ones off to Kindergarten were so hard!!
Its a rollercoaster. The real killer has been taking children to college and leaving them there. I can't believe they don't want me to be their dorm buddies??!! Whats up with that?
My BABY is in middle school and he would DIE if I walked him INTO class! LOL... I drive him and watch him walk off until I cant see him any more! I am a boob too!!!
I just can't believe that your guys are already heading back to school. Where do the Summer days go?
Post a Comment