Friday, November 27, 2009

black friday?

No thank you.
This is what my BF shopping consists of:


Reasons?

1. It stresses me out. The thought of having to try and beat someone for a deal, causes me majorly stress. I can't even stand to be late for the movies in case they're too full.

2. There's never really anything I need. I'm all about a good deal, but I have specific things I need, and they're not usually in the sales. Or they're not enough of a sale to make it worth it for me to go. Time is money people.

3. You can find some of the same deals 0n-line. I was thinking of going to Walmart for some $9.00 movies, but on Tuesday Amazon had the same movies for $8.99, with no shipping and no tax. And their $3 movies? Already have thankyouverymuch. In your face Walmart!

4. Most of my shopping is already done by Thanksgiving. I am a planner.

5. Amazon. More on this later.

6. The only place I considered going was my new favorite store, but that wasn't for Christmas shopping, that was for me. Hello - 50% off home decor? 30% off clothing, purses and jewelry? (I still may go...shhh..)

7. On Friday all I want to do is put my Thanksgiving/fall decor away and get out the Christmas. Because once a holiday's done, it's done.

So, did you go?
If you did, what was your best find?

18 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I am soooo with you! I did some online shopping at Kohls, Amazon, Ann Taylor Loft, and now I'm looking at J Crew!

I might go to Ikea later today. I need to get some picture frames.

Lillian J. Banks said...

Nope. did not/have not ever gone. I am a pushover and I let people walk over me - so to speak- I couldn't handle the pressure of fighting over the last...whatever it may be. Plus, I totally would get caught up in the excitement and start throwing things in the cart I did not need/ or want- and I suck at returns. I stay away- and smile when my SIL tells me what fabulous deals she got for herself.
Click Click shopping works for me :)

Wonder Woman said...

All I have to say is.......I wish you would've posted this *before* today. Would've saved me some heartbreak.

However.....at 9 am there was still a lot of things not sold out online. I was just REALLY mad that I didn't think of getting online when I was up at 2 am with heartburn.

Vanessa said...

You already had your tree up! What are you talking about put the fall decor away????

I did go to Wal Mart at around 10:15...5 hours after all the great deals started. I got one thing. Oh well. I snoozed and I loozed :)

I did get on Amazon and got some great deals!

Lene said...

I went for my Costco cookbook...this afternoon after the crowds were gone.

We did go pick something up for my SIL. They were in Edgar and she couldn't find what she wanted online. Again it was this afternoon with no crowds.

I really can't understand camping out and standing in line for hours for a sale price. There is nothing I want that bad.

Crissybug said...

I went to the Disney Store at San Tan at Midnight...and it wasn't too bad. They had alot of stuff in stock, and alot of great deals for my little kiddos. The only crappy thing was that I had to wait in line for atleast an hour just to check out.

Later this afternoon I went to a few stores with my friend, and we ended up not getting anything. I think the worst thing of all of Black Friday is waiting in line to check out. I normally don't go out. But I put my tree up on Tuesday...so I thought...what the hey...I have time. Next year I will do much more 'clicking'. The deals aren't worth all the waiting.

alpinekleins said...

I did a combo of both, we have a 'girls out' tradition of shopping the day after turkey day. We don't got for the crazy stuff, and we leave a person in line the minute we walk in the store. It's just fun! But you probably can get all the same deals online.

My favorite is Kohls - online all is on sale plus 15% off through tomorrow. In person, you get $10 in Kohls cash for every $50. But you gotta spend it by Dec 7.

My Christmas goes up tomorrow :) We're tree cutting in the morning!



Kristin

donna said...

NO, i am not a black Friday shopper. Friday is my day to get my house ready for Christmas.

Mama's Makin's said...

Up at 3:30 am in and out of khols by 4:15 got Pyrex,crockpot,and turning Belgian waffle maker sale prices 30,20,20 had $10 off, 15 percent off and will get $30 rebates and get $10 khols cash. Stood in line for only 5 min. Total cost $21 and have $10 khols cash. (bel. Waffle maker not on line -).
Walmarts line longer, some stuff gone but got my card table 4 chairs for $24 , towels for $2, life size dolls for my girls $9 and some $3 princess pjs for my girls. Few other things.
Target was fast. $10 magnadoodle,$25 iTunes for $20 a few other things and got a &$10 target gift card for $100 spent. (misty from iTunes for mom in law - gift card I keep ;). Back in bed by 6:45 in time for nubby to go to work and earn what I spent! :).
I like black Friday! When there are things I "need".

mCat said...

Yes we went shopping.
Yes we got some great deals.
Yes I do it every year and laugh my A** off at the antics of others.
It's tradition ya know

Cynthia said...

I only did 2 stores but didn't wait in line or anything. My girls prefer non-mainstream toys (American Girl) and so I ordered most stuff online.

I DID get a couple of good deals at Target but nothing I couldn't have lived without.

tiki_lady said...

its my favorite day of the year! i like the hustle and the bustle. But, I will online shop too, maybe from 3am to 5am and then head out! next year, i can't wait!

Missy said...

I am so jealous that you are finished! I do online too! Crowds are not for me!

CB said...

No I did not go. I feel much the same way as you.
As I was going down your list I was agreeing with each point.
I also LOVE Amazon this time of year but try to have everything done before December hits - which I do (except all the stocking stuff).
I slept in Yahoo!!!

Mikki said...

I did go, but I wasn't up and out before the crack of dawn. I agree, there were no great deals to be had really. You pretty much have to be in the market for an appliance to score the day after.
I picked up a few good deals. Mostly jammies and slippers and a few toys. But nothing major.

tiburon said...

I don't get Black Friday.

Never have.

Andrea said...

Last year was my first year going out with friends. WOW! It was a total rush! Loved it!!! I was amazed at how much I got done in one morning!

Went again this year. Scaling way back with the gifts this year. Only shopped at Walmart - for the great deal on girls' bikes. I managed to find something for my boys too. YAY!!!

kado! said...

i got some things for the boys...Sean and I like to go just for the fun of being together without the boys shopping...we don't go crazy early.

i actually go stuff I wanted for christmas...a GREAT deal on diamond stud earrings...small ones..but real for $29.99! (for my second hole in my ear) I also got a floor steamer I had wanted for 39.99! great deal on that!