Thursday, May 27, 2010

winner, winner chicken dinner




(bonus points if you tell me exactly where that phrase came from)


There have been a lot of winnings in our house lately.  Sadly, none of them were huge monetary rewards, but you take what you can get, right?


First, Taylor won second place in his school's (K-12) Geography Bee.  Way to go Taylor!  Especially since I didn't even know his school was having a Geography Bee until I received a text from him saying he'd won. 

Love how that boy shares.



Second, Connor won an award last night for earning the most awards during a month in cub scouts.  That kid will not rest until he's earned every possible thing there is to earn.  I think he earned 9 beltloops, a couple of pins and a special award you can only earn this year, the 100 Year Celebration Patch, all in one month.  Way to go Mr. Boo.


Third, I was the winner of two blog contests.

One from Cadence where I won this nifty little gadget:

Perfect for spraying a fine mist of olive oil wherever I want olive oil sprayed.  Nifty, right?


Then, I won $20 to spend here from Lene.  So fun.  I ended up getting some of these for Connor:



and some of these:



And I think I will be ordering some of these for teacher gifts next year. So cute.


Then, because she loves me and knows my love of someecards, Vanessa sent me these:

(sorry it's not a good quality pic.  not sure where we [read: Luvpilot] put the battery charger for the camera)


And because she knows me so well, she took it upon herself to be my personal shopper and found this for me:


Again, not a good quality pic.  The "T" is all glittery and sooo cute in person!  I think I like having a personal shopper.  If only she could do my grocery shopping as well...


And of course, Luvpilot is a winner as well, just by being married to me. 




16 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Family vacation.

Love your winnings! Who doesn't love a little bling? I won a Geography Bee in 6th grade -- Taylor's on the right track. And way to go Connor for knocking it out of the park when it comes to Cubs. May he always be so enthusiastic about Scouts!!

donna said...

wow!!!!!!!!!!

Scrappy Girl said...

Congrats to all! I love that one card about Micheal Jackson...lol.

mCat said...

That Vanessa is a keeper ain't she? And Kado too! LOVE THEM BOTH.

Does Luvpilot realizes what a winner he is?

tiburon said...

You are one lucky lady. Vanessa hasn't sent me any prizes lately. We are in a fight.

Vanessa said...

Crap. I don't want to be in a fight with Tib, so I better hurry up and send her one.

Glad you loved it! Next time she is out peddling her wares I will snag you something else pretty.

Lindsey Buck said...

Happy birthday to one of those few people I remember without a Facebook reminder. I'm using that for my friend's birthday coming up. :) Congrats on all of the victories!!

k6whp said...

Tammy,

Thank you for stopping by and visiting and congratulations on your recent "winnings". You have amassed some very rich treasures, indeed.

Please drop back in and I will do so as well here.

Kindest regards,

~T.W.P.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Those are lots of awards. Congrats! And good Job Taylor and Connor...:)

Pedaling said...

winner, winner, chicken dinner!

21.

loved that movie!

Jamie said...

Way to go Taylor, and well the rest of you too! Love the bling!

Mama's Makin's said...

I need one of those gadgets! I have always wanted to try spraying olive oil in my cleavage to see if it enhances . . . (SO KIDDING - just could help myself, your comment begged for it.)

:) Happy that Connor does so well out scouts. :) Hopefully he can be great motivation to the other boys. We do only have a set amount of money at the scout store. :) We might have to put a "cap" on his awards that we pay for, and have some family assistance after that! :) LOL. Hope you remembered to sign his faith in God book too!

Love the cards. :)

Justin said...

I'll bet poor little Hayden Sanders is crying his (or her) eyes out because you stole his (or her) books to give to your son.

What kind of example is that? Go back to spraying olive oil around and quit stealing from children.

Lene said...

Multiple personalities? Because I would have probably ordered the address labels with my own address and name...

Glad you found something cute!

Teachinfourth said...

Wow, it sure must be nice to be rich.

Is it because you're related to MJ?

NerdyRedneck Rob said...

We are not allowed to tell you where "winner winner chicken dinner" comes from because what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. ;)