Friday, April 16, 2010

front door decor

With the holidays and seasons changing, I'm always changing my decor around, inside and out. You know that already.

This is my new door hanging I recently did. I'm loving the tin pocket with the nozzle. Luvpilot said, "Great, I have a faucet coming out of my door," but whatever, it's not what he thinks, it's what I think, right?



Do you like how I tried to conveniently place the plants around the spyhole?


Anywho, I'm trying to decide whether to paint the frame or leave it black. While the frame looks good close up, from farther away it gets a little lost.






I also have a lot of cream colored things on my front porch, which makes me wonder if I should paint it cream too.





Thoughts?

36 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I think it's adorable.

Anonymous said...

super cute!!! I kind of like the frame black, either way would be fantastic!

kado! said...

i LOVE that look!!! I love your style..I think either way, black or cream it is gonna look great!

Jen said...

That is so stinkin cute! Love it all. If you paint it I would go for the cream, it will make it pop against the dark door and a good contrast with the green. Seriously every time I look at your front door I can't wait until I can move and not have a East faceing door that gets too hot for cute stuff like this!

Scrappy Girl said...

What about red for the frame? A shade that compliments the black and cream.

Pedaling said...

i love how it's different--not the same ol' like everybody else.

i'd go with the cream...i think - don't ask me.....:)

Devri said...

I love it. And of course you would magicly go around the spy hole. I didn't even know it was there. sneaky! lol You are better than me, I would stick in on my door, but I would just put water in it, so when the kids came home from school they would rush to the faucet, drink and come in! perfect. thanks for the idea!

Unknown said...

Love the little faucet!

I'll be honest, in the first picture, I didn't even notice the frame. I had to go back and look when I read about it because my eye was totally drawn to the adorable green! So, just because of that... I vote cream. :o)

Absolutely adorable by the way!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love Scrappy's idea of the red, or maybe a robin's egg blue? A complimenting color to the green?

Love it no matter what.

Off to at least take the egg wreath down off of mine :-)

Cheeseboy said...

That door would make me feel very welcome and that is all I can ask of a door really. To ask more of a door would be a shame.

Connie said...

Very cute indeed. I think I would paint the frame, it does kind of get lost on the door. The little faucet is a quaint little touch, I think I like it.

Mama's Makin's said...

Super cute tammy! :) I esp. love the green color. AndI agree that the black gets lost. :) So my hubby says the birds like my little wreath on my door. :) He said this morning he heard this weird tapping noise, looked through the peep hole and could see one bird perched on my wreath and the tail feathers of another. Apparently the latter bird was pecking at it's reflection on the wreath hanger! :)

Lene said...

So cute!

I think I would go with cream.

Do you want to come over and decorate my house?

Vanessa said...

Yes on painting the frame.

What would be even cooler if you could hook Diet Coke up to the spout. That would be awesome.

And you have to see who is at your door. Especially if they are solicitors.

~Lori said...

LoVe it!! I would go for cream too.

Unknown said...

I love Dev's Idea of giving the kids water out of it..lol

ok i think the black is beautiful..
what ever you decide to do will be great.

i love the whole porch.!!

I am a porch decorator also.. '

Maybe i should show mine...lol

Suzie said...

Love it.
I'd paint the frame creme...I didn't even notice the frame until I read.
But then, I'm thoroughly
exhausted.
I like Vanessa's idea of tapping Diet Coke in the faucet.
Perhaps LP would agree, no?

Nikki said...

I like it just the way it is....it is super cute! Love the ribbon. :)N

Maria said...

Love it!
Especially the "Welcome" on the door!!!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I really like it!

CB said...

I would probably paint it so it would "Pop"!
I love your front door and porch - it looks great!

Heather said...

I think I would be tempted to paint it creme - it seems like it would stand out more - but I am loving it just the same! Looks so cute!

Teachinfourth said...

Wow, and some of us are just content with having a front door...

mCat said...

I love it just the way it is!

Mikki said...

I love it!! I think it does get kind of lost though, and I think painting it cream would be a great way to make the two different subjects kind of come together. What's that called? I need to watch more HGTV.

Loralee and the gang... said...

I like the paint it cream idea... very cute decoration no matter what color it is!

Rainy Day Farm said...

Paint it for sure. I didn't even notice it at first. Super cute idea. As far as men's taste...what do they know!:)

Anonymous said...

i absolutely adore it, you don't need to change a thing!

Da Bergs said...

Normally I love black... but it does get a little lost... hummm... LOVE the pocket on the door!!!

alpinekleins said...

Thanks for the springy inspiration - always said - anyone would feel welcome at your place ;)

Kristin

Missy said...

This is so cute! I could eat it cute!

tiburon said...

Cream would look lovely.

Just SO said...

I seriously LOVE that!! I need to be better at doing stuff for my front door. I'm not so great in that area.

Dave'sWife@{thediaryofdaveswife} said...

L♥VE this!!!!!! Thanks for telling me about it!

Anonymous said...

very, very cute. where did you get the green wall vase?? i have been searching for one with no luck. thanks

tammy said...

Anon- I got it at a store in Utah called Rod Works. I fell in love.