Wednesday, July 29, 2009

new question because I really wanna know...


If you voted for President Obama, do you really and truly approve of what he's done so far in office, and what he is now trying to do, especially with concerns to the Healthcare proposal as it stands?

And if you do approve, why?

You can comment anonymously if you choose.

I won't criticize your opinion but if you want me to respect it, please voice it in a nice way.

I really am just curious if everyone is still feeling the love they felt a few months ago.

36 comments:

Unknown said...

i just don't feel the love, people said give him some time. things will change you'll change your mind. nothing has, i didn't. still that bitter taste in my mouth. i know. not the answer to your question. but i am not qualified to answer.

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

N/A

Anonymous said...

I didn't vote for him. I hate to say it but I saw the writing on the wall, anyone that can sit in a church for 20 years and not hear what their preacher is saying, well you be the judge !!! No one wanted to tackle this issue when it was a HUGE one.

I think we got a glimpse into the heart of our Pres. last week in Cambridge, MA...when he called the police stupid.

This man is a radical and we better wake up America or I fear we will be in deep doo doo

Bren's Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bren's Life said...

I just deleted my past comment. I misspelled a few words & ya know MS. English teacher that you are. I'd hate to get in trouble!

Anywho- CAN"T STAND THE MAN! I don't support him in anything. I don't agree with him at all. I am all for him being thrown out of office before he takes our country down. I agree with Glenn Beck that Obama is racist.
Did I mention I can't stand him?

tiki_lady said...

i didn't vote for him but seriously people were blinded they wanted out of everything and thought it was the bush administration. Granted bush wasn't the best but I still like him and admire what he did for us. He was handed a HUGE MESS and then had to do with 9/11.

O was saying and doing everything possible whatever you wanted to hear he was saying it. And he really better watch himself. He speaks too quickly on racial issues. I didn't think mccain was great either, but between the two I chose M. when my man dropped out of the election my heart dropped too.

Ash said...

I've been wondering this myself.

I know of three dear friends who voted for Obama - I'm pretty sure they're still 100% in love with him, mostly for the one simple fact that he's not Bush.

Or Cheney.

Anonymous said...

The American people need to wake up and wake fast. Especially the seniors. INTERVIEW ABOUT WHAT IS ACTUALY IN THE HEALTH CARE PLAN OBAMA IS TRYING TO RUSH THROUGH.



On page 425 it says in black and white that EVERYONE on Social Security, (will include all Senior Citizens and SSI people) will go to MANDATORY counseling every 5 years to learn and to choose from ways to end your suffering (and your life). Health care will be denied based on age. 500 Billion will be cut from Seniors healthcare. The only w ay for that to happen is to drastically cut health care, the oldest and the sickest will be cut first. Paying for your own care will not be an option.
WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

Liz said...

I didn't vote for him nor do I agree with him. I sure do hope America wakes up. Someone once told me that the health care bill will prob not go through right until after we vote for him again.. Dang it.. I try not to watch the news hoping it will go away , but I clearly see I need to fight for my rights!

tiburon said...

This is all I can say about Obama.

And it is well thought out and articulate.

Wait for it....


Obama is an asshat.

onehm said...

I read the blog of a girl who deeply supported Obama during the elections. I have been wanting to ask her the same question, but have been chicken...
She hasn't mentioned him in a long long time...

hmmmm. wonder why??

I fear deeply for the future of my country with him as our "leader".

Devri said...

same here, all the people who voted for him, I know 2, do not talk about him anymore, why?

I know why! BUt I knew it before he was Pres! And I don't say the full word, because to me he is not a full president! yep, I went there!

Lene said...

Guess what? I didn't vote for him. I know...shocking.

Tiburon for President 2112!

Mindi said...

alright, i'm gonna throw it out there, and don't cruicify me please if at all possible:

i did NOT vote for obama. i didn't vote, PERIOD.

yes, i know it's very 'duty to america' neglectful. but i hate politics, period. i hate the bullshit that gets in the way, the mud-slinging that overshadows anything good, the constant lies and half-truths that are thrown at the other opponent. it's just more than my little brain can take.

so i choose to be UNINFORMED. there. i said it.

yes, i know that's bad. but i surround myself with people who i trust or think are smart, and get just the tip of it from them and then don't stress.

i couldn't even tell you what mr. president is up to now--when it starts affecting me, there's not much i can do about it. really.

BUT: for the record: i am not into the politicos who are always, ALWAYS talkingtalkingtalkingtalking and generally all up in armsarmsarms.

i like to be informed and then go to lunch.
there you have it!

and tammy, i think you've been able to keep a fair balance so far. but if it goes over a certain point,my eyes roll into the back of my head and i. am. OUT.

but always in to you!

Cynthia said...

I think the question of 'do you still like him' and 'do you approve of what he is doing' are two separate questions. Obama is very charismatic and engaging (in the same way Hitler was, LOL!)- he's 'likeable'. For some people, that's enough. That's it. They don't look at things any deeper than that. He promised them they'd never have to worry about anything so long as they gave away their freedom as the price of not having to be responsible for their choices and lives. The 'government knows best'.

I think for some people that really is enough. They WANT to believe what he said was both true and possible so they don't want to consider things too deeply. Add to that a media that selectively reports in order to prop him up and it's a big problem.

I actually think it's good he is pushing his agenda so hard and fast. I think it will blow up in his face as even the weakest minded among us begin to realize something stinks. The question is if it will happen before or after the country has to file bankruptcy but there is not a doubt in my mind that our President and Congress have no intentions of EVER paying our debts. Welfare mentality in the highest branches of government. The only way to root it out is via failure I'm afraid.

Wonder Woman said...

I did not vote for him. (Or McCain.) But I admit to not thinking he was the anti-Christ when he was elected.

I am much less infatuated now.

This healthcare business scares me more than anything and I feel like there's nothing I can do to stop it. I'm pretty sure my Utah congressmen are going to vote against it, so what's left for me to do?

Besides pray for the 2nd Coming?!

Martha H. said...

I certainly didn't vote for him and I most definitely do not approve of what he's doing.

Vanessa said...

He throws like a girl and wears mom jeans.

Mindi said...

btw: i just read what i wrote and wanted to clarify that YOU don't make my eyes roll back into my head (does that sound naughty?), but that's a general way i feel when people ONLY talk politics.

you HAVE been able to keep a balance. so i commend you!

and don't break up with me for being an ignorant politics-ignoring retard! (i TOTALLY know i am. yikes!)

Mama's Makin's said...

I like Vanessa's comment best! :) Ha! So I was wondering the same thing really. . . I have a sis and her hubby who were/are Obama supporters, and so I just called her. :) Here is what I learned.

NOT A LOT. :)

She can easily be swayed I think. Her hubby and her, feel that everyone should get health care, but "it has to be done in the right way" she doesn't know much more. :) More on the politically uneducated side of things.

I think her opinion may stem strongly from her situation. Long story short, they are just starting out, and make just a little too much to get on access, but if she gets pregnant and stops working, then she can. Her opinion is "we have paid into the system for so long, so we might as well use it." I get it I do. But my quick response to her was, "yeah, I paid into it too."

Can I just vent too about the housing market fast? Seriously the next time someone talks about walking away from their house and foreclosing because it dropped below value or they reached their ARM payments (I have sympathy for those who lost their jobs and have to foreclose, but the sorry - but idiots who signed those ARM things for houses they couldn't afford. . . ) anyways, the next time I hear about someone walking away from their house because it "wasn't worth it" investment or not - I am just going to say, THANKS FOR MAKING ME PAY FOR YOUR STUPID MISTAKE. Seriously let's think about it, it is people getting into things they couldn't afford that have cost me 140,000 dollars. Litterally, cause that is how upside down I am in my house. And I am not putting on the nice face for those people anymore! :) We are all paying for it!

Wow, nice to get that off my chest. :) Not sure that I totally answered your questions Tammy, because the couple of Obama supporters that I know seem to want change - just "the right kind". I am not sure if they get it.

mCat said...

I believe he is the anti-Christ.


The.End.

Anonymous said...

WOW I came back to read what others wrote...seems if we can all stick together we can rise above this...

What is an asshat ??? LOL

Anti-Christ hmmm hadn't thought of that...can't say I disagree though

Mom jeans and throws like a girl LOLLLLL

Great post....

Vanessa said...

I'm not even kidding. There was an article in the paper addressing his fashion and I quote: "Obama's jeans sat relatively high on his waist and so some have referred the them as "Mom Jeans" because they managed to make the lanky Obama look, well, not so lanky."

Anonymous said...

I'll admit it. I voted for him. I liked what he said, and I really thought he was the better choice.

Am I happy with what he's doing? Not so much.

There. Said it. Hope the others will admit it too.

tiburon said...

Asshat:

1. A general term for someone who carries out actions with such stupidity that they might as well wear their ass as a hat.

2. One whose head is so far up their rear end it could pass for a hat; used to describe a person who is stubborn, cruel, or otherwise unpleasant to be around.

3. one who retains ass-like qualities or pratices ass-hatery


See also: Douchenozzle.

Vanessa said...

Tib. You are a crack up.

mCat said...

Douchenozzle. Love it!! I think that is the word of the day and I shall incorporate it into every sentence if possible.

Martha H. said...

Just wondering - since so many people (at least commenting here) are not amused with Obama and his "policies", how in the world did he get into office to begin with? Was it because his teleprompters painted a pretty picture and the majority of Americans bought into it? I don't get it.

tammy said...

So glad we have Tib to enlighten us.

Who knew this post was going to be so informative?

And come on Obama supporters! Where is the support?

CB said...

I'm loving these comments - especially Tiburon - So funny!
Great topic Tammy :D

Anonymous said...

He is a community organizer that is transforming our country in a scary direction. Once you understand and really see him and who he hangs with and surrounds him self with (czars), it is so obvious that he is not in this for us. Period.

I hate the excuse of him being handed the problems. Can't buy it. Never will. Bush had his problems and he did take us to the start of spending out of control (but remember (OBAMA was a VOTER for those BILLS) but I give O his trillions and excess rushing throughs of agenda's. Maddening.

He who says (Obama) that Bush tried to rush things through and he didn't have time to read some bills when he was Senator and now he gives us all whiplash with all that is swirling and twirling. (insert mom jeans)Boo Hoo. Cry me a river. Don't feel sorry for him saying Bush gave him everything. Take responsibility.

Crazy, nuts, scary, out of control, unAmerican, self interest, transformer, seems to have a problem with lying, hypocrite (do as I say not as I do) better stop.

Great answers. Interesting question. Now let's get to work and boot them all out.

Pedaling said...

great question.
very entertaining answers.
now barackO lovers....come out come out wherever you are!

Missy said...

Oh, I love this! No, I did not vote for him and I think he is doing a horrible job! But, if he invited me over for a beer...

kado! said...

I did NOT vote for Obama.

kado! said...

...and I cried the next morning when I found out he had won...tears of sadness for the direction our country was heading...

sherry said...

Mindi- first of all good for you. And I truly say that with zero sarcasm. If you are not going to inform yourself of the issues you shouldn't vote. I think not voting was the responsible thing for you to do. If only others would follow your lead. If only every voter that didn't want to educate themselves refrained from voting. We would not be in this mess. If people didn't vote for Obama because of his charisma or because they wanted a hand out, we would be in a much better position. But I am sure I am posting this too late for you to be reading this at all. Sorry. I was out of town. Tammy- I am afraid you are asking the wrong group. Most people that read your blog probably agree with you. I know I don't read any pro-Obama blogs. It would drive me crazy. But I wish you would get the answers you are looking for. I for one would love to know.