Tuesday, August 18, 2009

question of the day

Would you rather be skinny and not be able to eat your favorite foods,

or be chubby and eat what you want?


There is no choosing both, or saying you'll eat and exercise it off, it's one or the other here.



(I've lost 26 pounds but haven't eaten my faves in a very long time)

39 comments:

Kaylynn said...

oooh, that's a hard one. I guess I will say chubby and eat all my favorite foods, because I'm not skinny. I like food too much. By the way I've been married for 13 years.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Chubby and eat all my favorite foods. (You never said that my health would suffer, right?)

Pedaling said...

skinny!

Lene said...

I think it is quite obvious...chubby and eat my favorite foods.

Jan said...

Before 45 - Skinny and starving. After 45 - happy and eating cheesecake.

CoLiE-O said...

thats a toughie! i would answer that question differently depending on the time it was asked: am i hungry or full? when i'm full i find myself saying i need to diet and i can have better self control. when i'm hungry- watch out, anything is edible :) but i would like to be skinny!!!
*26* pounds? you rock!!! doesnt it feel so good? awe-- youre my hero!!

Mama's Makin's said...

that is a tricky one! I am going to say skinny. But not rail skinny I don't want to be one of those women that are so thin with arms that look like twigs.

On my mission I was 20 pounds heavier and I always felt like everyone was looking at my big butt.

But going with out sweets would STINK! You rock Tammy!

CB said...

There are days I would say "skinny" but most of the time I am just happy to be me eating whatever the heck I please!

CB said...

P.S. 26 pounds is an awesome milestone though! I think if I had the willpower to actually lose that much weight I would have to change my answer :D

Crazymamaof6 said...

Um yeah! i think you know how i roll.

CHUBBY!

but i'd rather be skinny.

and not feel deprived.

which is never gonna happen.
yeah good question.

Crazymamaof6 said...

oh but if i was ever single . thin and bitchy would be the way to go for me.

Wonder Woman said...

Obviously, I've chosen chubby and eat what I want. Except, I don't really eat my favorites either. No oreos. Or ice cream. We rarely eat pizza. We rarely eat out period. How am I not eating the yummy stuff and still chubby?! (Pre-pregnancy, of course.)

Heather said...

My new mantra is "Nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels!" (I do miss my faves though all the time!)

Kristina P. said...

Well, I'm pretty much on track for the last one!

And I do think you CAN have both. I know a lot of people who love Weight Watchers because they can eat what they want and still lose weight.

I just had ice cream for breakfast.

Mikki said...

Well, I'm obviously on the chubs and eat all ya' want bandwagon. I don't think I have the fortitude to be a skinny person. sigh.
I suppose as long as I'm chubby AND healthy, it's all good. It's not like I'm really looking to turn heads anyway.

Mikki said...

oh duh'!! Congrats on the 26 pounds!! That is awesome!!

queenbee4 said...

I'm sorry... what was the question again?

Vanessa said...

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

Vanessa said...

And PS, you look HAWT!

Anonymous said...

Chubby!

tiburon said...

SKINNY.

S-k-i-n-n-y

Anonymous said...

First of all congrats on the awesome 26lbs, you did look quite fabulous at lunch last week!!
now for my comment
DANGIT TAMMY how am I suppose to answer this one without giving a huge speech? K well you are going to get an ear full.
I have always been "skinny" and I have always been able to eat what I want until I turned 30 and things started to change and I started to gain weight (I don't care what the starting point is, anytime you gain weight it sucks). Well I liked being skinny and eating what I wanted but I can no longer have my cake and eat it to so to speak so I am giving you the answer that you don't want, I want to be skinny and eat what I want so I run my a** off, I workout so I can burn calories and have my favorite foods. But for the answer you wanted, I would rather be skinny (but not too skinny) and not have my favorite foods :)

mCat said...

Skinny. No question about it

sherry said...

Depends on how chubby chubby is;) And how important food is. That is why I have always hated the saying. "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels."So not true. I have spent a lot of time in my life being thin and obsessing about my weight, and it doesn't feel great. When I am really thin, I am usually pretty cranky. Because I am hungry. And deprived. And obsessed with myself instead of what I should be focusing on. Your never truly happy when focused on yourself. That said, I need to lose weight right now for health reasons. And that makes me feel good. But I will never be a size zero again. And I'm O.K with that....

onehm said...

HOLY CRAP this is a difficult question. If you looked at me right now you would know that I am choosing chubby and "happy" eating what I like.

That said, I don't like being heavier than I think I should be. I don't care about a jean size, but I don't like the way I look and feel in my clothes anymore...so hopefully I am gearing up to make some changes and can find a happy medium.

Bren's Life said...

I have been struggling with that for a couple years. I use food as a comfort & it is bad -yummy food! I always thought I would be skinny & it great shape until the day I died. Well that hasn't been so & I want to change SO BAD! But don't know if I can go without the foods I love forever.. But I so want to be at least 40 pounds lighter....
You look GREAT!!!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I wish I could do the skinny one, but I think my reality is that I choose the chubby one.

Jen said...

Can I just say I am seriously jealous of hot hawt you are looking, not that you weren't before, but you look and feel good and you can tell, seriously jealous!! Since my weight isn't budging I am going to have to say chubby and happy, BUT I am willing to do the exercise to be able to eat more of what I want and stay the same weight too.

Collette said...

way to go on the 26lbs. you should be so proud of yourself! that is so awesome. i want to be skinny but i am on my way upstairs to eat the jumbo size sugar cookie i got today!! so i would like to be skinny and eat anything i want. that is my answer..

Mindi said...

you are an ANIMAL. way to rock the house!

who am i kidding? as much as i loveLoveLOVE food, i would so much rather be skinny and not have the favorites.

it's pretty touch and go sometimes. but when you go to put those pants on that used to be so tight and uncomfortable and they fit great, then it's worth it.

the current plan we are on is eat like monks for most of the week and then TOTAL PIGS on the weekend.

of course, we could talk moderation in all things. but, again, who are we kidding? ;)

tiki_lady said...

skinny! you lost 26 pounds! great job, now there is nothing wrong with moderation and say only having your favorite food on one day of the week and then getting rid of any left overs, bring it to your neighbors or a church member or someone but get it out of the house.

~Lori said...

I would rather be skinny, but obviously that isn't working for me. Wish I had your will power!!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome. Hope you are doing good! We sure miss Founder's Park Ward!

Scrappy Girl said...

Chubby and eating my faves...I can deal with chubby...its this OBESE I am having alot of problems with. LOL! Tonight I go to TOPS to weigh in...after my vacation...I am scared.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on your weight loss! That is AWESOME! I do agree that there is no having it both ways. it IS either one or the other..and for me when I eat crap, I feel like crap and Im crabby. So it is best for all around me if I am feeling good. :) I wanna see some pics of your success girl that is SO exciting!!!

Jen said...

Wow Tammy! That is incredible! Way-ta-go girl! You rock. All I can claim is that I have overcome anorexia. LOL.

kado! said...

skinny and not be able to eat your favorite foods....

...but honestly...my favorite foods are not fatty foods...I guess I'm lucky like that....I know let the hate mail begin!

Missy said...

Chubby and eat! Anything else would be just crazy! LOL

Sue said...

both...I would like to look good most of the time. But occasionally eat what I want.


I use to live to shop...so looking skinny was top priority..As I've gotten older I have mellowed. and trying to find more balance.