
Tree - real or fake?
Lights - white or colored?
Me?
While I like the look and smell of real trees, I don't like having to keep them watered,
or the mess they make.
Or waiting for Luvpilot to be in town to go get us one.
And sometimes they're just not perfect.
And they're expensive unless you go cut your own.
So, I'd rather have fake, prelit, with white lights.
I love a tall, formal glittery tree. Packed with ornaments.
But also a more homespun tree with gingerbread men & vintage looking hangtags.
But then there's also the retro ornament tree.
And the airplane tree.
And the boys' tree full of ornaments they made or received when they were little.
I would so love an all-white tree with crystals hanging.
Have I told you we have a lot of trees?



What kind of tree do you like?


35 comments:
We had a puny faux tree that we bought for $15 on clearance the first year we got married. It finally died last year. Dr. hubby wants a real tree...so we are going to try that. I wanted a faux prelit with multicolored lights! I have a feeling that is what next year will bring after he sees the mess and watering!
I Like all different kinds of trees too. My tree is a a little rustic/classic old school and I think I am going to use my galvanized tin this year just like the top photo. What a FUN idea!
P.S Buy real every year, Can't help myself. I love the smell!!
That is a good question. I have a fake tree with white lights already strung with a rustic/country/homey feel. I love berrys that are weaved throughout the tree, to give it some dimension. I love old santa, and sleds, I love stars that are placed throughout the tree. This past week I was at real deals and saw a rustic bird house placed in the tree. Loved it! There are many things I love about Christmas trees. These are just a few of my favorite things.
Fake, pre-lit with white lights...only one. And decorated for the kidlets.
Growing up it was real, colored lights and the ornaments were crystal, silver and white. It was very elegant.
Tree - fake.
Lights - white.
I always had a real tree growing up, and Superman always had a fake one. We have a fake one because it's cheaper and easier, but I miss the real tree.
DEFINITELY white lights. I abhor the colored kind. We've got a lovely mix of ornaments from my and Superman's childhood's, newer Hallmark ornaments that mean something to us, and sparkly, glittery retro ornaments from Target. (Sequins and a disco ball and hot pink glitter snowflakes -- who wouldn't love that?!)
I have one real (that I cut myself...ok, I picked it, my dad cut it, but I hiked a mountain, ok a hill) and one fake.
I got rid of the silver ornaments and got all new for the real tree. I will unveil later.
We always, always, always had a real tree when I was growing up and for the first 22 years of our marriage. I love the tradition of taking the family out and finding a beautiful tree and cutting it... but alas, a few years ago we decided to go with the artificial variety. We got a beautiful one, in fact, we now have two. Hubby loves them because they already have lights on them, I don't mind them so much but I DO miss the tradition.
- One with white lights, one with colored
- One formal tree, one family tree with all the sentimental ornaments!
I Love that you have so many trees - that was a dream of mine once but so much work! My hat is off to you.
I would love it if you gave us a tour of all your trees though!
I have fake tree(s) and colored lights actually make me hyperventilate I dis-like them so much, my hubby thinks I need to use a strand and ease my way into a few colored lights here and there.
We used to have a real tree while growing up and I was adamantly against fake trees. Until I got married and it was my house.
We have a fake one, and it's great. And only white lights. My husband keeps wanting to do multicolored.
I have to say that my kind of tree is fake..or the reasons you listed..I don't like the mess real ones leave..or having to keep up with watering them. No thanks! And ALL WHITE lights for me. I like a "clean" tree..white lights and no cluttering ornaments. I keep them all..but they don't have to go on the tree. I like the tree to have a theme..
but then again..Im a little picky when it comes to certain things. :]
Any tree that the kids are willing to put up and decorate. I'm not too much into holiday decorating anymore. Want to come do it for me? Ha ha
First I have to say I still have a upset stomach & was gagging at the thought of your dog licking the vomit up... Because my dog licks my kids face & tries to get me. And I would be vomiting at seeing my dog eat it!!!
Seriously can't even stay on that topic.
Love your trees & I am all for the fake tree too. But have to say love colored lights. I know it's not the style anymore. But my kids love them & it reminds me of being a kid.. But I also have a tree with white lights.
And how about putting up the pictures of your trees and decorations. I would love to see them.
we go real
it's a mess
but we do it anyway
In Washington of course we had real trees. :) But in AZ when I saw the price tag on one of those things! :) I was like Fake baby! :) I would love to have a few - if ever we get into a bigger house. But I must say that this year I wasn't as picky about my tree, let the girls help a lot more and it was done faster, and that part was nice. Still somethings that but me - but i was nice not to spend 3 hours on it. ;) I like my green fake with white lights. and red and white poinsettas and snowflakes - with all the other ornaments. )
I have a super great evergreen candle that we burn so we can think it is real! :)
Fakity fake fake.
I have two trees - both fake. One formal tree with clear lights in the living room and one fun tree with colorful lights in the family room. :)
I love real trees--the smell, the way they look. But you're right. They can be a bother. My least favorite thing about real, is that we always wait til like two weeks before Christmas to get it, because of the fire hazard. So, instead we have a seven foot prelit that is SO much easier. The lights are colored, but I would love to get one with white lights. Maybe I'll check out the post holiday clearance this year.
Skinny trees that have the ornaments and lights on them and that do not take up much space.
BUT...get me a great, real wreath with that wonderful, wonderful smell!!!!
Say, Tammy. Wondering if you've been listening/reading up on the unraveling of the 'global warming hoax' they are finally uncovering? Not many media are willing to touch the truth. Just wondering if you've heard? Global warming is a hoax. A great way for us to have taxation without representation. Send our tax dollars to the U.N. for nothing. It's a mess. I'm hoping OBAMA doesn't go to Copenhagen and sign our tax dollars away for a hoax.
I too, love all kinds of trees! I personally have a fake tree. My father was a fire fighter, and all I can think about, with a real tree, is the fire hazard.
Okay I was reading the comments and what the heck are you and Bren talking about...because I pretty much threw up reading the comment.
This is our first year in our 10 years of being married that we (finally) got a REAL tree! I love it! I think it is totally worth the mess and all the sap in my hair. ;)
We used to always have real trees when we were little. Once we hit high school - well my dad caved and let my mom get a fake tree. I love how quick & easy they go up. WE have lots of multi colored twinkling lights. We used to only adorn the simple silver round ornaments, but now most of them are homemade (by the kids) with silver garland & multi colored garland. I love the look of the fancy trees at the mall with beautiful ribbons & large breakable ornaments, but we're just not that fancy. LOL
i like FAKE with white lights. (we have 2 in the attic)
but i want a white tree this year and the hubs thinks we should just pay for a flocked real one. and i said ok. we'll see how that goes. i have a feeling next year or this year I'll be buying one on clearance for next year. hee hee white. fake with white lights to go in my front room with my decorator hot pink,green, and aqua colored scheme.
I LOVE all treees! I would much rather have the delight of a real tree. I love the smell, the shopping for it, etc. I have a fake tree though! :) It last longer, and is much more easy to clean up after. Maybe my age is catching up with me! Eeek! :)
I like real but I don't like the required care so I'll go with fake. Pre-lit. White lights. LOTS of ornaments.
totally fake... totally white lights. My inlaws like lights that make you want to drop acid and go on a trip... multi colored chaser, taser, psychedlic= YIKES! I love my 12 foot perfectly shaped PRELIT tree.
Mine is totally fake and prelit - I love it that way! I have the whole candy gingerbread theme going on!
I love real trees (the smell), but we had an unfortunate incident with a real tree a couple of years ago, so now we have a fake one. and I love colored lights, but the fake tree has white on them.
So, I put up our old fake tree in the basement with colored lights.
DETAILS WOMAN!! CLOSE UPS! MORE! I love it :D
There's supposed to be a tree?
crap
So have a fake tree. With little kids it is a must. I grew up with real, and love them, but I am with you on the mess and watering!
I do red and white lights with everything Christmasy on it. Santas, reindeer, snowmen, snowflakes and red balls. I also add large bunches of glittery red poinsettas to tie it all together. One of these days I am going to get around to posting about it.
You need to post pictures of YOUR trees. We have a skinny (fake) pre-lit tree. Last year it was a Christ tree with tags of pictures and sayings centers around Christ. Maybe I need to go with your idea and have multiple trees because all though I loved the theme tree I did miss the homemade ornaments and the memories they hold.
I'm sure the husband would LOVE that!
we got used to fake trees in Vegas...so we still do that.
If I had land where I could plant the tree after it was our Christmas tree...than I'd do that...I hope someday to be able to!
Post a Comment