What do you usually give for graduation gifts?
(and does anyone know why all the stuff previously on my sidebar, is suddenly now down at the bottom of my blog? so annoying. Update - I think I fixed it. Let me know if it doesn't look right to you.)
(and does anyone know why all the stuff previously on my sidebar, is suddenly now down at the bottom of my blog? so annoying. Update - I think I fixed it. Let me know if it doesn't look right to you.)



16 comments:
$$$$, I can't think of anything else that a graduate would need :)
I have never given a graduation gift. With all the grade inflation now, I don't know who is really deserving.
Looks like you fixed it. Good job.
Being as I am boring, I just gave my two neighbors gift cards to Target so they can buy whatever they want to take to college.
Since I have 5 brothers, and my my husband has 3 brothers and 3 sisters, there was a pretty good chance that there would be close to 50 neices and nephews. And now THey are having babies. So I am really glad right now that my husband and I decided to forego that kind of gift-giving. Otherwise, we'd be even more broke right now...
For really close friends, family, cousins etc, my daughters and I would do the cute fleece blankets where you tie knots in the fringe for them to take to college. For others I do Target or Walmart gift certificates, or movie tickets.
Kristin
I have never given a graduation gift. I would've loved a Walmart/Target gift card.
And no idea on the sidebar stuff. I assume you've looked at the layout? Maybe some of your widths were changed in the HTML code? Weird.
Gift card to Target to use for things they will need for college.
we give money.
how much depends on the situation:
who it is,
how well we did financially that year;
if the person put self through school;
if it's just a friend- non related
we give around 25.00
relatives start at 50 going up depending on the situation.
If I plan ahead and am organized, I like to get personalized gifts at Things Remembered. I've given engraved clocks, pen/pencil sets, frames, and photo albums.
When I'm not organized, gift cards and cash do the trick.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
any more questions?
I do gift cards.
Usually between $20 and $50.
I am not OLD enough to have given those :) LOL. But I can tell you some of my favorite that I was given.
Of course I loved the money.
I got a duffle bag from an aunt once - that was awesome because I did have anything like that and it was very well used. . .
From a YW leader I got an inspirational book and quote or happy thought book she told me to write in a happy thought every day. I liked that too because it was personal.
I am thinking if you want to go gift card - and it is a young man - you might be a little cooler if you sent a BEST BUY gift card. . . :) testosterone likes that to target :)
We give money.
1. Your blog seems to be fixed.
2. I have a thingie I wrote about life being like a box of chocolates and all the things that can be learned. I give them that, a nice box of chocolates and some cash.
Hmmmmm….sage advice perhaps? Respect? I make it a personal rule not to give gifts at graduation; after all, I have my first classes starting to graduate now.
Post a Comment