Wednesday, November 18, 2009

question{s} of the day

Turkey?

Fresh or frozen?

Favorite Brand?

Deep fried or oven roasted?

Brine soak before or not?


18 comments:

J.J. said...

Frozen for the convenience, no preference on brand, ALWAYS brined and ALWAYS delicious.

(and ALWAYS use a meat thermometer)

Scrappy Girl said...

My mom's turkey...frozen...oven roasted.

I am doing Turkey Day here at our home and I am scared to do a turkey so we are having HAM! LOL! Or I might order a already made turkey...

Vanessa said...

The best turkey I have ever had was one injected w/marinade and deep fried in a vat of hot oil. MMMMMMM. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

tiburon said...

Yes.
Fresh.
Whatever Costco has.
Oven Roasted.
Not.

Cynthia said...

Frozen. Always did oven roasted. Will try brine cured this year. Gulp.

Devri said...

I have only cooked one turkey in my life.. It was frozen, and stuffed with apples and oranges.. yummm Martha Stewart Style!

not that we don't eat turkey lol jus I am hardly ever the host! And turkey is not the main meat, it is horse and lamb...yummmmmy!

Lene said...

Yes.
Fresh.
Whatever.
Oven Roasted.
Nope. Should I?

Pedaling said...

isn't it great to have blogging friends for help to all of these unanswered questions we have?!

love that turkey....so funny

Wonder Woman said...

I have 22 new posts from you in my reader today -- I guess bloglines hasn't wanted me to read you for the past week or so. :o(

Personally.......not a turkey fan. We always did Thanksgiving with ALL the family and grandma's house, and she had several choices of meat. I always chose her mouth-watering pot roast, and therefore never developed much of a taste for turkey. I've never cooked one, either.

So good luck with all that!

Maria said...

yes
frozen
whatever is on sale
both- we usually have 30 plus, so we do roasted and deep fried. DH loves to deep fry them, it's his "specialty" you could say since he's not allowed in my kitchen, lol.

Love the Turkey, poor thing. haha

donna said...

I have never cooked a turkey . So i really don't how cook it. But i do love to eat it.

Kristina P. said...

All I know is that I love crispy skin.

Linda said...

Yes
Frozen (for convenience)
Usually Butterball
Oven roasted
Never tried it that way

Cute cute turkey, poor guy! So funny!

Missy said...

Frozen and roasted! I am more of a ham fan!

CB said...

-Frozen
-BIG (We love leftovers!)
-Oven Roasted (My hubby is a master with fresh spices and rubbing down the turkey- Mmmmmm)
-Usually doesn't matter on the brand. This year I did buy a Butterball but I don't think it is necessarily better than another.

Janean said...

fresh whenever possible. honeysuckle. a stick of real butter and fresh herbs inside with fresh herbs on the outside too ---- oven roasted!

Mama's Makin's said...

you know my sweet dad went through all the efforts of deep frying and injecting a turkey = (yes lets make a semi healthy thing NOT) anyways, i didn't see much of a difference. :) I like grandma's way best :)

kado! said...

at our friends house the guys always deep fry the bird...but they drink too much beer...so they always over cook it...luckly turkey is NOT my favorite part of the dinner! So I do not care!!!!